My travels is all about... My views, thoughts and experiences on/about/at/with random places of interest, persons, things, events, issues etc,. I am an eternal student with a restless mind and a tumultuous heart!

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Lucky

(Poem - On our Pet, Lucky {2004-2015}) 


"
When I was in 9th class, my father brought a pup home, and we were all very happy.
A fluffy little female Pomeranian, we named her 'Lucky'.    
A loyal and lovable creature we had, a bright bragging right before relatives and friends -
It was a great joy to watch Lucky, that's where all the tension ends.

A cheeky constant in my mother's kitchen and a companion to my father's walking, 
A playful knight of my brother, and welcoming me always with eyes so shining!
With a fearsome bark, she acts funnily as if to protect us from dangerous cats,  
One egg and a cup of milk for one day - she cared for diet unlike other dogs!

Always so disciplined yet full of fun, she was one of life's big joys.
Wonder how dogs are so selfless, there's music in their barks even if it's just noise.
Even if it was midnight when I reached my home after long trips from office,
She greets me with infectious bliss - all just for a gentle pat and rub - maybe a dog's solace. 

And so for 11 long years, it was a picture perfect joy...
But all great things do come to an end, O boy...! 
Farewell my canine companion, what did we do to deserve you?
As is said - 'Don't be sad that it's over, Be happy, it has happened'.  Bark and Smile, wherever be you!
"


References (If any)

1. Place and Date -
@ - Palakollu, West Godavari, Andhra Pradesh.
On -29th of July, 2017

2. Subject - "Lucky" (Poem)
Lucky (c.2004-2015) was our pet dog - she was a female Pomeranian and a bundle of joy for our family members. After 11 long and memorable years, she passed away due to old-age, exactly on this day, 29th of July, two years ago (2015). 
Picture on top - Lucky in 2014, taken by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment